Question

pixels values are different from sentinel hub tiles and FME S3 bucket tiles data

• 8 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have observed that the pixel values of sentinelhub data and S3 bucket data are different. I have tested by downloading same date tiles from sentinel hub and FME S3 Bucket. Do anyone know why the values are different? or which data to use is preferable like is the error is in sentinel hub or S3 bucket or FME extraction.

2 replies

I further tested the sentinel data, like I have configured sentinel hub and downloaded tile directly from S3 bucket, and same tile downloaded from sentinel hub Copernicus site. Pixel values of these two tiles are same but the extracted pixel values of same date tile from FME sentinel 2 on AWS are different. Image sensing time is same for all the 3 platforms.

Badge +7

Hi @vkskreddy,

Thanks for your post. Just wanted to first clarify, when you talk about the sentinellhub data do you mean data accessed via the SentinelDownloader (FME Hub)? Would you be able to share your workspace or some of the data you've downloaded for comparison? Or perhaps an area of interest and some of the image URLs you have accessed? Some things to double-check might be the satellite and data products you are comparing - make sure they are all the same, like L1C or L2A, for example. Apart from that I would not expect the data to be different unless there is some difference in the way AWS and Copernicus archive/curate the data. Of course we wouldn't have control over that. But if there is some issue in our FME queries, I'm happy to investigate.

Best,

Nathan