Solved

OneDriveConnector to Emailer - how to bring through _sharable_link attribute

Badge

Hi,

I'm doing a bit of testing with OneDriveConnector and Emailer.

My workspace writes an Excel file out using FeatureWriter and then uploads that file to OneDrive. I want to insert the '_sharable_link' attribute, created in the OneDriveConnector, into the body text of the Emailer.

However, the Emailer appears to get rid of the value in the '_sharable_link' attribute, therefore the hyperlink <a href="@Value(_sharable_link)">Output</a> doesn't work in the resulting email.

Has anyone come across this before? Or in the more likely scenario, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by takashi 24 June 2018, 02:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Firstly insert a Logger (or a breakpoint) between the OneDriveConnector and the Emailer then run, to make sure that the "_sharable_link" attribute definitely has a proper value.

Badge
Firstly insert a Logger (or a breakpoint) between the OneDriveConnector and the Emailer then run, to make sure that the "_sharable_link" attribute definitely has a proper value.

Hi @takashi, thanks for your reply. Yes, I should have said in my original question that I have tested the direct output of the OneDriveConnector and '_sharable_link' does have a value which is correct (tested in internet browser and goes to the desired page.

Just seems to disappear in the Emailer.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
If you just set the attribute value (i.e. raw URL string) to the message like this, what would happen?

@Value(_sharable_link)
Badge
I've stripped everything out apart from the OneDriveConnector and the Emailer. Setting the body text with only the _sharable_link value works!

However, in my full workspace, I read in another attribute from another stream which provides the email addresses to which to send the emails to (recorded in the 'To' attribute. It is when these are introduced into the Emailer that the _sharable_link value seems to disappear.

Badge
If you just set the attribute value (i.e. raw URL string) to the message like this, what would happen?

@Value(_sharable_link)
I've stripped everything out apart from the OneDriveConnector and the Emailer. Setting the body text with only the _sharable_link value works! 

0684Q00000ArMYCQA3.jpg

However, in my full workspace, I read in another attribute from another stream which provides the email addresses to which to send the emails to (recorded in the 'To' attribute. It is when these are introduced into the Emailer that the _sharable_link value seems to disappear.

0684Q00000ArMVCQA3.jpg

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

The reason for the problem is that the features coming from the Sheet1 feature type don't have "_sharable_link". Be aware that the Emailer attempts to process input features one by one separately.

You can use the FeatureMerger (set an identical constant e.g. 1 to the "Join On" for both Requestor and Supplier) to unconditionally merge "_sharable_link" held by the feature from the OneDriveConnector to every feature from the Sheet1 reader feature type, then enter the merged features into the Emailer, as in:

Badge

The reason for the problem is that the features coming from the Sheet1 feature type don't have "_sharable_link". Be aware that the Emailer attempts to process input features one by one separately.

You can use the FeatureMerger (set an identical constant e.g. 1 to the "Join On" for both Requestor and Supplier) to unconditionally merge "_sharable_link" held by the feature from the OneDriveConnector to every feature from the Sheet1 reader feature type, then enter the merged features into the Emailer, as in:

Brilliant, thanks @takashi that has worked perfectly!