Question

How to set background Colour of Custom Autocad Hatch Pattern

• 28 June 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi

I have a custom Autocad hatch pattern displaying trees and I wish to set the background colour to green. All the colour settings seem to colour the actual lines that make up the trees themselves and not the background.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mike

3 replies

Hi Mike,

did you already find a solution?

I'm currently struggeling with the same issue and only able to change the line's color as well.

Greets,

Andy
Badge
Hi Andy

Unfortunately not, although I did create a bit of a work around which may or may not be suitable for you. 

I essentially created a duplicate of the source data - I set the first path to a solid hatch pattern (green in my case), and then the second path I set to my custom hatch pattern. I had to pass the features through a sorter in order to make the custom hatch pattern display on top of the solid polygon. A bit of a hack really!!

For my project I also altered the featurecode of the custom hatch patterns so the the end user of the DWG file would be able to disable / remove the additional data if required. (Although removing my nice vegetation patterns as a consequence!)

Anyway, hope this helps! It would be a lot simpler if I could set the relevant Autocad variable for background colour via FME - it's just a simple pull down option in Autocad!

Mike

Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply. It seems that I also need to cheat a little bit to get it done. But it sounds quite logic how you described it.

Greets,

Andy