Solved

XLS writer: set specific cell value

• 8 August 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I'm creating a transformer and getting an XLS output starting to write on row 2. I've successfully set a template for the header and format, however I need to write specific data such as date or file description in the top row.

How can I write the Document title on cell A1, Author on cell B1, DDMMYY on cell C1?

icon

Best answer by takashi 9 August 2017, 13:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi @heboma, have you tried defining the attribute names with an AttributeCreator or AttributeManager? Do these attribute names need to be created dynamically?
Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hello @heboma, on the last year i created a Workspace that has your goal.

By the way has a interessant Webinar about format xls format Webinar Excel.

fluxo-gravar-celula.fmwt

Please, see attached.

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @heboma, you can control cell positions to write specific values through using some Excel writer feature type parameters.

• Output Field Names: Set "No" not to write field names.
  • Use Attribute Names As Column Positions: Set "Yes" so that attribute names (A, B, C, ...) determine the column positions.
  • Row Number Attribute: Set an attribute that stores "1", in order to the values will be written into the first row.

See also this screenshot.

Badge

Hello @heboma, on the last year i created a Workspace that has your goal.

By the way has a interessant Webinar about format xls format Webinar Excel.

fluxo-gravar-celula.fmwt

Please, see attached.

Thanks,

Danilo

thanks @takashi @danilo_inovacao Great idea! Looks good, I just need to be able to insert the value above my data table as it is part of the header and not the data.