Question

Write to Excel template header into specific cells

• 18 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have created an Excel template to be used as backup for billing expenses. The invoice has a header with specific places for billing date range(start, end), project name, project number, and project manager. The final output has a separate sheet for each project number. I have added AttributeManager to get rid of all of the other attributes and only have the 5 I need to insert into my template - the itemization is added later. I have everything working except getting the aggregated attribute value (i.e. project name) added to the named cell. How do I specify where to write each attribute?

Version 2018.1 Desktop

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

To write to a named range (which I think is what you're asking), in the writer against Sheet name you use

<<Sheet Name>>/<<Named Range>>

e.g.

Badge

To write to a named range (which I think is what you're asking), in the writer against Sheet name you use

<<Sheet Name>>/<<Named Range>>

e.g.

what I don't understand is how to get attribute A into cell B4, attribute B into cell D4, attribute C into cell B5... excel attached. Writing to a named range would put everything starting at the upper corner and write the attributes in order. If all else fails I can put the dates under the other fields and use one range, but the documentation says I can use multiple named ranges. The response to my question still only refers to one named range. How do I get the attributes into more than one named range?

Billing_PN_Template.xlsx

Badge +2

Kindly place the settings as shown in workspace attached

safeupdate.fmw