Question

What decides the CRC-code for node-locked licenses?

Badge +13

I didn't use to have any issues with this, but after switching to a new PC and upgrading to Win10 I'm having problems with the FME licence failing due to CRC-check errors. For some reason, my PC now has a different registration key (2-014-702-034) than it had a month ago (2-992-327-444) when I got my last license file.

There are no hardware changes to the PC (a HP Zbook with docking station). So what is it that can affect my reg. key this way?

4 replies

Badge +13
@sigtill > Worked a few days ago, not anymore...
Badge +21
@havmoejbv / usually a windows update, hardware change (docking/undocking) or expired license file.

Badge +21
More info here - and in the comment section: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/688/fixed-license-troubleshooting.html

Badge +13
@havmoejbv / usually a windows update, hardware change (docking/undocking) or expired license file.

I've testet with docking/undocking before and gotten the same key. The main issue is that I have no control over windows updates; when they happen or what is installed. Add in that most updates does not affect the key, and it becomes a rather frustrating task to try and predict this... Luckily I get great support from our local dealer ;)