Question

Can you modify the response headers for a data streaming service?

• 4 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all

I've created a WMS service that streams GeoJSON as the response for the GetFeatureInfo operation. At first I was creating the JSON using the JsonTemplater connected to a Text File writer. When I tested the workspace the result displayed directly in the web browser. Problem was I had some formatting issues in the returned JSON that I'd have to deal with.

I realized that if I switched to a GeoJSON writer the formatting would be handled for me. This works great but when I test via a web browser I get a file download instead of the a direct display of the returned data in the browser.

I think it's caused by the Content-Disposition header in the request response.

This is the response when using the Text File writer:

And this is the response when using the GeoJSON writer:

Is there any way to remove the Content-Disposition header when streaming from a GeoJSON writer?

Update:

I've used the JSONTemplater to create a return JSON with the same structure as the GeoJSON would have (see attached workspace - the disabled portion is the work-around). Although this works fine, it'd be much simpler to just write out to GeoJSON and to avoid all the formatting.

@RylanAtSafe - Here is the info you requested

Browser: Google Chrome 54.0.2840.71 m

FME Desktop 2016.1.0.0 (20160419 - Build 16492 - WIN32)

FME Server 2016.1.0.1 - Build 16494 - linux-x64

Workspace attached

For now all we want to do is return the attribute values in a custom web application when the user clicks or hovers over a location on the map but may wish to display to use the geometries in the future.

1 reply

Badge +11

@rkay - To investigate this further, we would like to request the following details:

- version of Web Browser

- version and build of FME Desktop / Server (e.g. 2016.1 Build 16674)

- the FME Workspace .fmw (attached to this thread, or to us)

It would also aid the investigation if you could please detail how you want to view the GeoJSON. For your workflow needs, must it be displayed in-line as text? Or will you be using it in a custom Web Application - e.g. displaying the features from the GeoJSON on a background map?