Question

Text node split to single text in dgn

Badge +2

Hi Folks,

I tried to convert tags to text nodes and successful in the same and workspace is shown below

but the problem comes after placing the text in dgn file. When I opened the text in text editor, it is shown as single line text as shown below...

instead it has to be shown as

If I edit any parameter in dgn then text is changing to single line text. Can any one correct me where am I doing wrong...

9 replies

Badge +3

You seem to be using a comma as a seperator character in the the Aggretor_4. Does it solve your problem when you choose 'Newline (\\n)' from the Special Characters?

Badge +2

Thanks @lars_de_vries for reply...

No, I have not used attribute accumalation instead I have genrated list. You can further review the approach explained here...

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1539/writing-microstation-dgn-text-nodes-with-fme.html

Pratap

Badge +3

Can it be the case that there are invisible characters taking care of dividing the text into multiple lines?

However looking at the technical description you referenced, it does not contain a hard return, but references each element seperately including it's location. I can imagine that that is the reason no hard returns / line feeds are present in the text.

Badge +2

Yes, exactly.

Coordinates of each line (text) has been passed to place the text in its position.

So display (of text node) is correct but not as expected (text node) in dgn.

If we change any parameter like color, linestyle, etc manually then text is changing back to single line text.

Still confused on how to solve it...

Badge +3

I know the workaround is different, but what if you try to aggregate the text-values with a 'Newline (\\n) as seperator and a single coordinate? This works with autocad_mtext values. And yes I know microstation is not autocad, but it might be worth a try.

In your case, I think Safe does something cosmetic which, like all CAD-systems, will show what you'd like to see, but in reality it is something different. It's a nasty thing when texts change back to single line. And what (as a workaround) if you add a newline at the end of each text element? or otherwise add a blank space which you can replace with a newline if necessary.

Badge +2

I have tried that but it is placing all the 3 lines at same point individually (one on another).

So, as work around, I have added "|" at each line end and created text nodes. Later with VBA script, I will change "|" to next line.
Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi @pratap - that seems to be a known issue. Can you contact the support team and let them know? Browse to safe.com/support and log a case there. Mention that the reference number for this issue is PR#69661.

Hopefully they will be able to talk with the developers and get a workaround for you, and possibly increase the priority to get it fixed sooner.

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. Hoping we can create a quick fix.

Mark

Badge +1

Hi, I am having the same problem in terms of the multi line text reverting to single line every time you try to edit it in Microstation. Was there ever a fix by Safe software for this? @mark2atsafe

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi, I am having the same problem in terms of the multi line text reverting to single line every time you try to edit it in Microstation. Was there ever a fix by Safe software for this? @mark2atsafe

I'm afraid not. I've tried to increase the priority as much as I can, but I really don't know if this is in line for an early fix. Like with the original poster, I can only suggest to go through the support team (or your sales contact) if you need to escalate this to a higher level. Sorry about that.

Just as an fyi, the reference number is now FMEENGINE-10059 (not PR#69661)