Solved

Sampler Causes FME Desktop 2019.2 To Crash

• 5 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

After I found out what was causing the crash (2 days and 50+ eliminated transformers later) I wanted to share.

I had a couple of workspaces that ran fine in version 2018.0 that stopped working in 2019.2

It came down to this - the Sampler transformer - set to "Process When Group Changes" and the sample type of "First N Features" and disabled will crash FME.exe on both Win7 and Win Server 2012 R2.

The screen cap below contains a Creator, disabled Attribute Creator for a dummy Attribute, the Sampler and a closing disabled Inspector. Surprisingly, the Sampler never receives any features - yet seems to cause the crash.

I hope this saves someone else some hair pulling.

Thanks

Mike B

icon

Best answer by fmelizard 6 December 2019, 22:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Good find, thanks for sharing!

That's clearly a bug in my opinion. I was also able to reproduce using FME 2019.2.1.0 (20191202 - Build 19813 - WIN64):

Hopefully someone from Safe can pick up on this... @mark2atsafe @daleatsafe

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @softwrite1 @david_r Unfortunately this is an issue with several transformers (but not all) where no features enter and the Group By Mode is set to 'Process When Group Changes (Advanced)'. I've filed FMEENGINE-62417 about this.

Badge

Hi @softwrite1 @david_r Unfortunately this is an issue with several transformers (but not all) where no features enter and the Group By Mode is set to 'Process When Group Changes (Advanced)'. I've filed FMEENGINE-62417 about this.

Thanks Dan @danatsafe and David @david_r - I've been in the games long enough to know not to call out bugs on my own - cause usually they come back as 'User Error' ...

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@softwrite1 @david_r This problem is now fixed in the latest FME 2020 betas.

Badge

@softwrite1 @david_r This problem is now fixed in the latest FME 2020 betas.

@danatsafe - Thanks for your attention to this.