Question

DGN cells

• 16 March 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have used a dgn file with "Expand Names cells" as "Yes". I want to make cells again as it is before...

Is it not possible to make the cell again without cel library?

BTW, I have used aggregator with igds_type=igds_cell but it output is coming as same lines.

Pratap

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Not with FME I'm afraid, you'll need to recreate the cell library using Microstation.

Badge +2

I have removed some unnecessary features in translation and I want to make cells with the remaining features based on igds_cell_name and number.

Is there any work around method?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You'll need the cell library to do any good. You can replace the features with a single point, and set it up to be a cell in the output. But without a cell library FME won't write the feature. Even if you use a seed file with a cell library attached, it won't help.

Options:

• In MicroStation, open the source dataset, create a new cell library, and save your cell to it. Then you can use that cell library in FME.
  • Write them as plain point features using FME (either text nodes or zero-length lines) and then later - in MicroStation - recreate them as cells.
  • If you don't have MicroStation, use the default cell library with FME (or download one from the internet), find a cell there you like, and use one of those. The DGNStyler will let you set a point feature to a cell using a cell library.

Hope this helps

Mark