Question

how to split lines at certain point at intersection

• 25 February 2020
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +13

Hello Guys ,

i want to split ths two lines that intersected in point, i have coordinates for each x maximum and x min. and y max. and y min ,

i know,one of them is xmax and the another should be in this case minimum

one also is ymax and another should be ymin

i used topology builder static to make group network id and it did correctly but this two lines i do not want to be in the same group

so i used clipper points as input and lines as clippe but i found it did nothing .bcs i used after that zopology builder static and it consider both of them in the same group and i want to give each one new network id

so is it possible , to make topology builder static with condition that create network id for all lines except the when it occurs value of x max equal value of x min ,value of y max equal y min .do we have conditional to write it for topology builder .

or could i use clipper to split two lines when x min value and x max are equal

y min is equal with x min .

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @gogopotter90

Could you share your data?

Thanks in Advance,

Badge +3

I wouldn't go for a solution involving min-max values, as it would only work in specific cases, not in general.

Do the lines have any attributes by which you can distinguish the highlighted from the non-highlighted? In that case I would use a Dissolver.

Alternatively, do you have any point feature class for these intersections? (As a water engineer, it looks like an incoming an outgoing pipe to a pumping station to me)

Badge +2

@gogopotter90 LengthToPointCalculator and Snipper might be what you're looking for.

Badge +13

@gogopotter90 LengthToPointCalculator and Snipper might be what you're looking for.

Thanks alot ur idea is so perfect,u saved me