Solved

Add FME engines to the existing server license code

• 9 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Currently the license code is hosting 2 engines and server edition. I need to increase 3 more engines to the existing license code. Could anyone guide me on the procedure to add more engines to the existing license code?

icon

Best answer by david_r 9 January 2018, 16:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

It's fairly simple: you contact your local FME partner (list here) and order more engines for your existing serial number. Before ordering, they should be able to give you a detailed offer with prices for acquisition and maintenance.

Once you've placed your order, your existing license will be upgraded to the specified number of engines for 60 days (I believe). When they've received the payment, your license will be upgraded to a permanent license.

Badge +2

Hi @raaaju1990

Have you already purchased your additional engine? Once the order has been processed you can refresh your licence in the fme server web ui and it should retrieve the new licenced engine count.

Userlevel 4

Hi @raaaju1990

Have you already purchased your additional engine? Once the order has been processed you can refresh your licence in the fme server web ui and it should retrieve the new licenced engine count.

I'll just add that if there's no direct internet connection from FME Server (proxies, security issues, etc), you should use the Offline Mode described here to refresh the license: https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/AdminGuide/Request_and_Install_a_License.htm