Question

How could i write a text on square or rectangle shape without rejection

• 14 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +13

Hallo Guys ,

i have points inside polygon ,and i have coonverted points to squares by rectangleCreator then i have tried Text stroker but it rejected i think,because of square shapes )

then i tried to use CenterlabelAdder ,the problem it gives me text but it removes the same of square and i want to keep both of them the square shape and the text on it ,text depend on attribute

so this label will refer to the point inside the square shape but i want to keep the shape as well

how could i achieve that .Thanks alot

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

Have you tried the TextAdder? This has an option to keep the existing geometry

Badge +1

another option,.. if you have the geometry you want after the rectangleCreator, and the text you want after the centerLabelAdder, is to join the outputs of both. There might be a couple of steps like: 1. assign each feature an id (use the Counter), 2. set up a parallel data stream - one with your features going to the rectangleCreator, another with your features going to the centerLabelAdder, 3. join the features back together based on their id (FeatureJoiner) - perhaps a bit convoluted though

Badge +13

another option,.. if you have the geometry you want after the rectangleCreator, and the text you want after the centerLabelAdder, is to join the outputs of both. There might be a couple of steps like: 1. assign each feature an id (use the Counter), 2. set up a parallel data stream - one with your features going to the rectangleCreator, another with your features going to the centerLabelAdder, 3. join the features back together based on their id (FeatureJoiner) - perhaps a bit convoluted though

it looks good idea but it does not transfer the label after using feature joiner ,i do not know why .even merged i got the same amount of input because each point has already his own id but output has no label so i am still have the same problem

Badge +13

Have you tried the TextAdder? This has an option to keep the existing geometry

i useed keep as choice in exisiting geometry in text adder but it gives me output as point not square shape .

but my data is oracle not spatial ,does it occurs any problem

i used before vertex creator then rectangle creator ,do u have any suggestion how could i achieve the new shape for square shape with label and thanks alot