Solved

Extract coordinates of linear feature

• 23 January 2013
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have a requirement of extracting every coordinates <ORDERED LIST OF VERTICES FROM 1 TO N> of linear feature. Can any one please suggest the approach of extractig coordinates.

Thanks,

Seshu
icon

Best answer by takashi 23 January 2013, 16:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

This custom transformer might help you:

http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/Samples_and_Demos/Custom-Transformer-that-Exposes-all-Vertices

Thanks Takashi, This is the exact transformer that I am looking. It fulfills my requirement.
Hi,

I used this custom transformer to extract coodinates from an ESRI-annotation feature class without success. My annotations refer to baselines consisting of 2 points and the result is one point (midpoint) for each annotation. How can I extract all coordinates and create lines?
Badge

Hello Takashi, the page is now removed, would you please suggest where to find the transformer?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hello Takashi, the page is now removed, would you please suggest where to find the transformer?

@jaro, I cannot find the page, but the transformer - VertexExtractor is now available in FME Store. In many cases, you can also use the Chopper (Mode: By Vertex, Maximum Vertices: 1).