Question

Writing Excel (XLSX) problem in different column

• 21 November 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge
I would like to get some stats from Shapefiles to an existing Excel file. For example, update the km of aqueduct in a specific cell and the number of manhole in another. I'm able to get the stats in the Excel file using Name parameter (Sheet1) and in the writer parameters. I use Update_Cell_Contents with xlsx_row_id for getting the specific cell and I use Start Column. 

But the question is how can I write a value in a new Column in the same Sheet1? I can get all the information I want in different row but only in the same column. 

Thank!

2 replies

Hi,

I just  created a short demo. When I write to Excel and set the Format Parameter 'Output Field Names' to yes. Then every new attribute gets a new column. I use the 'new' Excel Writer in FME 2013.

If you want to update your values, than you can set the Parameter 'Truncate Existing Sheet' to yes.

Maybe that helps you,

best regards,

Stefan
Badge
Wow! Finally working now! Setting the parameter 'Output Field Names' to yes was the first cause why it was not working. The second reason was because I add to change my attribute name when I needed to change the column. 

Thank again!!

Regards,

Mathieu