Solved

Workspace runner and versioned spatial tables

• 2 October 2017
  • 3 replies

• I am running a workbench to validate overlapping polygons
  • My table structure is versioned spatial tables
  • I have ran the validation workbench against one version, using a published parameter setting the override version. This has been successful for a single version.
  • I want to automate validating a large number of table versions.
  • I have attempted to use the workspace runner to achieve this. In order to change the override version. With the idea that this will run for each table version.
  • I have a tried using a CSV list of the versions and I have tried reading directly from the Oracle version table list.
  • I have been unable to produce an output with test cases, these test cases produce an output when run against an individual version.
  • I think the workspace runner is failing to change the override version published parameter instead running against the SDE.default version for the same amount of versions within the CSV list.

I would be greatful for any help or advice, at a bit of a loss.

Thanks, Scott

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 4 October 2017, 19:14

View original

3 replies

Badge +11
@sw667 - Hi Scott, do you have a workspace (.fmw) that you can share with us?

Reading your summary, I think you had a great idea to use a CSV list of the versions. Perhaps it needs to be coupled with a loop (implemented with a Custom Transformer).

*It will also help if you can share that simple CSV file.

Badge +2

It looks like there is an arcpy function that returns a list of versions: http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/arcpy/functions/listversions.htm. Could you use PythonCaller to get the list of versions and then pass that to your validation workspace through the WorkspaceRunner instead of using a static CSV file? If you can't get the Geodb (ArcSDE reader) to accept the new version, perhaps the FeatureReader would work

@RylanAtSafe @MarkAtSafe Thank you both for your advice, I tried all of your suggestions and it was the FeatureReader that was successful in reading each of the versions from SDE.