Solved

Migrate FME server database to Oracle

Badge +4

We are using FME server 2017.0.

I am following this article https://s3.amazonaws.com/gitbook/Server-Admin-2017/ServerAdmin4Scalability/4.03.ChangingDatabaseProviderForFMEServerDatabase.html, chapeter 4 exercise 2 to change the FME database provider – from the default to, – not to a PostgreSQL, but to an Oracle12c database. I ran the Oracle scripts to create a FMESERVER user and installed the FME objects. After I changed the fmeCommonConfig.txt (see below) and restarted the FME server, I can not login the web UI using my previous logins. I can login admin/admin, but the contents are pretty much blank. I have no option to import the previously exported fsconfig file. I have to restore the original fmeCommonConfig.txt to go back the working FME server. Feel like I missed something here.

fmeCommonConfig.txt:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# Database Connection

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DB_TYPE=oracle

DB_DRIVER=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

DB_JDBC_URL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@phoupgisdol03:1521:PGIS3

DB_USERNAME=fmeserver

DB_PASSWORD=mypassword

DB_CONNECT_EXPIRY=60

DB_SQLSTMTS_PATH=C:/Program Files/FMEServer/Server/database

icon

Best answer by lauraatsafe 26 July 2017, 01:09

View original

7 replies

Badge +1
Hi @ag,

May I ask to confirm have run the post configuration scripts before trying to restart FME Server?

Badge +4

@Annabelle, what are the post configuration scripts for Oracle?

Badge +4
@Annabelle, what are the post configuration scripts for Oracle?

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

The Oracle scripts can be found in the FME Server folder.

At this location:

First you want to create the user, then the DB (tables, packages etc).

Badge +4

The Oracle scripts can be found in the FME Server folder.

At this location:

First you want to create the user, then the DB (tables, packages etc).

@erik_jan, I did run those scripts, of cause. Are there any post scripts I need to run?

Badge +6

Hi @ag The instructions for running the Post Configuration scripts can be found here (under step 3):

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/AdminGuide/Post-Config-Scripts.htm

From the description of what you are seeing on your FME Server, I believe running the runPostInstall.bat file mentioned in those instructions as an administrator on your system should fix the problem. Let us know if it doesn't seem to help!
Badge +4

Hi @Laura, yes, running the runPostInstall.bat will make the menu items on the left Panel of the web UI available, including the "Backup & Restore", then I can upload the the fsconfig file. This will load all the previous configurations into Oracle, with a few exceptions such as job history and default schedules being disabled. I have to reset the password for the default users like admin, author, et al. Other than those, look like everything works fine. It is a successful migration to Oracle. Thanks a lot for your help.