Question

Using a URL as publish parameter

• 25 September 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hi folks,

I have implemented a workbench where a published parameter represents a URL. In FME Desktop and when it is published as a service on FME Server it works ok. The service can be used without problems with a normal string as parameter value and when is used a string encoded as URL.

The problem is that an other workbench (very similiar to the first one in functionality) which works ok in FME Desktop but not when it is published on FME Server and used as a service. It works ok when a string encoded as URL is used as service parameter value, but not when the value is a normal string. (For example, if you use the URL that FME Server UI generate using the values inserted in the form, the service works ok. But if special characters ("/,"+"...) are not encoded in parameter value the service does not work.

In both workbench the parameter definition is the same and along the process the value of the parameter is the same.

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi

Have you tried using the TextEncoder with URL (Percent encoding)?

David
Badge
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply!

In the other service, which works ok, I do not use a TextEncoder with URL (this can be a best practice!). Maybe I will have to use this transformer in both cases...