Question

I want to count the number of ships in a port/harbour using FME.

• 12 December 2017
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Hello, I had written some scripts on other platforms and ships count is one of them now I want to replicate that using FME but I have just started learning FME and due to lack of time I have to move faster so If you have the suggestion please reply to this question.

4 replies

I was working with Google Earth Engine and there I had written a script to detect the ships on the particular port and now I want to replicate that using FME.

Badge +10

Hi, that sounds interesting but you're going to have to give us a little more to go on. "Ships on a port", where are you getting the ship data from, via an API like MarineTraffic.com? What determines whether it's "on the port" or not on it, proximity to a specific bouy perhaps? Or maybe, it's inside a specific zone that identifies the port?

Provide a bit more detail and I'm sure "your ship will come in"...

Badge +11
Hi @parthmandaliya0, Since I was chatting with you earlier today I wanted to chime. Your source data is raster from what I understand coming from LandSat/Sentinel on AWS. So to confirm, you are trying to attempt to identify the number of ships in satellite imagery using FME?
Yes, @SteveAtSafe. You are right I want to count the number of ships on the particularly given port and my data is coming from Landsat on AWS.