Solved

FME Server Send Email

• 1 August 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am attempting to configure an email subscriber. I have been following the tutorial concerning this. I have used the snippet of JSON in the tutorial to successfully send/receive email. I can remove the foo@bar.com address from the "email_to" parameter and it successfully uses the setting in the subscriber for the "To:" parameter from the foo@baz.com address. So, email is crossing the SMTP Server (Relay) I've configured in the subscriber. I can even place a personal gmail address as the "From:" and it successfully sends the email. However, when I try to configure the "From:" using an existing email address on our domain.....no dice.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by dane_stephenson 1 August 2018, 16:47

View original

2 replies

Badge +1

So, as it turns out...… the first place I should have looked was my Junk Email Box. Because we are using a mail relay the IP address the email address is originating from is not within the expected range and gets flagged as Spam. Problem solved. Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation.

Badge

So, as it turns out...… the first place I should have looked was my Junk Email Box. Because we are using a mail relay the IP address the email address is originating from is not within the expected range and gets flagged as Spam. Problem solved. Hope this helps anyone in a similar situation.

Thanks for sharing your resolution @dane_stephenson!