Question

Extract attribute mapping from old FME workbench

• 25 February 2020
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

We have a FME workbench where CSV input is being translated to Shapefiles. This workbench has manually created mapping of attributes e.g. Nominal_Diameter on input and NOM_DIAM on output.

Due to some issues with the old workbench I'm trying to re-create the process. And for that I need the attribute name mapping. But I don't want to do it manually as it will take a considerate amount of time.

Is there a way how to extract this information from the workbench? E.g. as a text:

feature, original attribute name, new attribute name

Thanks, Jan

3 replies

Userlevel 4

You can use the FME Workspace Reader to analyze the contents of your .fmw and e.g. save all the attribute mappings to a separate file.

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/fmw/fmw.htm

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Depending on how old the workspace is and whether or not it can still be opened in Workbench: if you right click the connection where the mapping is being done and pick the option "Replace with AttributeCopier / AttributeManager" it'll place a transformer there to do that mapping, you can then copy and paste that into a new workspace.

Badge

Sounds good. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try those.