Question

Is there a way to read or write to an MP3 (Music) or MP4 (Video) file's ID Tags?

• 19 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Is there a way to read or write to an MP3 (Music) or MP4 (Video) file's ID(3) Tags? There is plenty of software out there that allows for the editing of a variety of ID(3) tags in music or video files of the MPEG variety, however it might be useful for a Reader to enable those music / video files that identify their origins to be located from their tags onto a map.

Anyone wanting to create a catalogue of their music or video would find the reading of the built-in data tags in their music / video files useful too.

....just a thought.

7 replies

Userlevel 4

An idea: There are tools out there to export file tags to CSV or Excel, both of which FME can easily work with.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @uk_martin,

There is the custom transformer VideoPropertyExtractor that extract some properties of video.

Thanks,

Danilo

The VideoPropertyExtractor shows the way I think. If something like that could be created for MP3 files that would be brilliant. Imagine being able to point to a folder of, (as examples) Oasis music files, running the process and "pins" in Manchester appearing on a map, or map pins in Birmingham for Black Sabbath music, etc.

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

If you're into using the PythonCaller transformer, you could utilize something like the "eyeD3", "ID3", or "mutagen" Python libraries to enable reading of tags. The latter library looks quite capable.

Here's a link to a discussion about tags with code examples:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8948/accessing-mp3-meta-data-with-python

Cheers

Yuu can use EYED3, its a python tool & working with audio files, specifically MP3 files containing ID3 metadata.

Even dead music traditionalists who prefer to listen to their favorite songs on CD or vintage vinyl can sometimes find the convenience of downloading music an irresistible draw. Instant access to a vast online library of millions of pieces of every musical genre imaginable is addressed to many people. Downloading any file from the Internet leaves your computer vulnerable to viruses, trojans, and malicious software that hackers can use to divert you from the computer and steal personal details. And so, it is always sad for me to stock music, and I don't want it to be even lower if my personal data will be stolen.

This is also what I was looking for in terms of mobile tonos de llamada gratis