Question

Revit to DGN: Tags Writing not working

• 2 November 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hello all,

I'm having an issue with writing tags to a DGN file. I have a Revit file which I've converted to the Revit FME format and am writing straight to DGN. When I write it without tags it works, however when I switch on tags and map across the attributes, I get a series of warning messages:

WARN |DESIGN WRITER: Tag writing is currently not supported for the associated element

WARN |DESIGN WRITER: Could not find the tag value. This may result into creating an empty tag. Make sure the feature has the attribute 'Analytical Properties.Absorptan' set with an appropriate value

It repeats this for several of the attributes, then:

Further instances of this message will be suppressed

Then the log hangs (like it's processing). I left the workspace open overnight, it didn't complete.

Thanks in advance for any help. Amit

4 replies

Badge
mep.jpg - this is what I'm trying to convert, it's an example MEP model.
Badge +21
I would suggest you only read the first 1000 features to see if these gets written OK, then the next 1000 etc. This can be done using a Sampler. This way you can se if it is a specific feature or multiple features. @amit
Badge
I would suggest you only read the first 1000 features to see if these gets written OK, then the next 1000 etc. This can be done using a Sampler. This way you can se if it is a specific feature or multiple features. @amit

The sampler works, but an even better way to limit features to read is to use the "Max features to Read" functions.

docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Desktop_Help.htm#../Subsystems/FME_Workbench/Content/Workbench/reader_parameters_featuresToRead.htm @amit @sigtill

This is better because it only reads n features, whereas the sampler reads all features and then discards them later.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Which version of FME are you using? The only issue I can find about this message was apparently fixed for FME 2010! I would do as suggested and try writing just one or two features. Maybe try different geometry types. I imagine it is just a particular geometry with the problem.

Alternatively can contact our support team (http://safe.com/support) - include a copy of your data and someone will be able to try and replicate the problem. Actually, you should probably do that anyway. The data might cause a legitimate failure, but FME shouldn't stop responding or crash like that anyway.