Question

lineonline Overlayer without splitting

• 15 October 2013
  • 9 replies

Badge +6

I know it's a easy question for you, but I'm about learning.....

i have two line feature classes and want to select lines from feature class B which crosses lines from feature class A.....but the result should be without splitting the selected lines at the intersection points.

Something as the Selection by location in ARCGIS.....

Thanks a lot

9 replies

Badge +6

and i have an additional problem on this case.....

on the screenshot you see that i have contour lines and other lines

as you see i have selected one contour line (yellow)...but i want as a result only these parts of this contour line which intersect some of the green or brown lines....help? screenshot is appended

Thanks a lot

https://jumpshare.com/#/v/qKZedB7cxIfUxkdTwbrI?b=JrAQHuA4hKsThlDkxh5X
Badge +6
sry

this the right one

http://jmp.sh/v/qKZedB7cxIfUxkdTwbrI

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,   Try using the SpatialFilter transformer. 1) Send A features to BASE port. 2) Send B features to CANDIDATE port. 3) Specify "INTERSECTS" to "Tests to Perform" parameter. Every B feature which intersects one or more A features will go to PASSED port, without splitting.   Takashi
Userlevel 4
Hi,

you can use the SpatialFilter for filtering intersecting lines without splitting them, i.e. without modifying the geometry. 

If you want to only retain the intersecting parts, consider either the Intersector or the LineOnLineOverlayer.

David
Badge +6

thanks...first step is done.....

now what about the problem that the output only should contain the parts of one feature which really intersects the other feature class? (see screenshot)

the yellow highlighted line is one feature...but i want only the part which really intersects one of the brown or green lines

Thanks a lot guys!!

http://jmp.sh/v/qKZedB7cxIfUxkdTwbrI

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
About the additional problem.

Just to split the yellow lines at intersections with green or brown lines, you can use the Intersector or the LineOnLinOverlayer, as David suggested.

If you need to select some specific parts from split lines, I think it will be necessary to do some processing after splitting. If so, let us know which parts you need to retain.
Badge +6

as you see on the screenshot i have 3 yellow lines....but its one feature....

i want as an output only the right yellow one part  and the left yellow one part of the feature, because they intersects some of the brown and green lines....the little yellow part in the middle does not intersect and so i dont need it....but i want not the result as splitted lines (as the result from spatial filter!!)...but in the result is always also the yellow part in the middle.... 

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Ah, the 3 yellow lines are aggregated in one feature? If so, you can use the Deaggregator transformer to decompose them into individual lines.
Badge +6
thanks that helped