Question

Is it possible to use Email Template Keywords with FMEServerEmailGenerator?

• 10 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

Currently I can use two ways to sent email after a job is completed in FME Server:

1. Configuration of Server Notifications: Here I use HTML Email Format to include information about processing time, download URL and other information. The Email Template is designed using the Email Template Language and the Email Template Keywords.

2. FMEServerEmailGenerator transformer from FME HUB: In this case I am able to sent emails but only in text format and without using Email Template Keywords. The predefined keywords are not identified as variables and the keyword names are sent as text only in the email.

Is it possible to use Email Template Keywords with FMEServerEmailGenerator? Or is there another way to do this?

Best regards,

Frank

4 replies

Badge +22

I use a hybrid approach. In the email template on FME Server, I might have something like

<fmeblock><p>Job {id} has completed successfully</p> <p>Click here to download the results: {downloadUrl}</p></fmeblock> <fmeblock type="optional">{AdditionalData}</fmeblock>

In the workspace I create a textfile with the following json:

{ "AdditionalData" : "stuff I want to include in email" }

In the service properties I include the name of the textfile in the Post Data from Writer option.

Any JSON element in the post data can be referenced in the email template by {name}.

Badge

I use a hybrid approach. In the email template on FME Server, I might have something like

<fmeblock><p>Job {id} has completed successfully</p> <p>Click here to download the results: {downloadUrl}</p></fmeblock> <fmeblock type="optional">{AdditionalData}</fmeblock>

In the workspace I create a textfile with the following json:

{ "AdditionalData" : "stuff I want to include in email" }

In the service properties I include the name of the textfile in the Post Data from Writer option.

Any JSON element in the post data can be referenced in the email template by {name}.

My idea behind using FMEServerEmailGenerator was to create a published parameter for the Email address to-field and publish this to FME Server. If I provide the Shareable URL to a user with limited rights (Run Workspace only) then he will see a field for Data Upload and a second one for his email address. After the job has completed he should get an email with information about his job: if it was processed successfully then he should get the Data Download URL otherwise information about the cause why the job has finished with an error.

Do you have any ideas how to create a published parameter for the target email address?

Badge +22

My idea behind using FMEServerEmailGenerator was to create a published parameter for the Email address to-field and publish this to FME Server. If I provide the Shareable URL to a user with limited rights (Run Workspace only) then he will see a field for Data Upload and a second one for his email address. After the job has completed he should get an email with information about his job: if it was processed successfully then he should get the Data Download URL otherwise information about the cause why the job has finished with an error.

Do you have any ideas how to create a published parameter for the target email address?

We do this with the opt_requesteremail directive when calling the data download service.

Badge
We do this with the opt_requesteremail directive when calling the data download service.

Unfortunately I have no experiences with these types of directives so far. Could you please describe in more detail what you are doing?

In my scenario we have a common FME Server user account for different users with different email addresses eg. user 'geouser' which is used by different users with different email addresses. I would like to see something like a published parameter where the users can put in their email addresses for notification. At moment I have filled in the subscription details with one (fixed) email address but I want this to be dynamic...