Question

Importing openpyxl

• 22 July 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hello All,

I am trying to import an external module named openpyxl in FME but unfortunately isn't able to setup the environment. Can anyone please help me with identifying what all is required to setup the module in FME?

Every time i try to run it inside the python shutdown script it throws the error as module doesn't exist.

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

You should use the same python version you've installed the library to.

I think the python interpreter in FME is different from the one you use for the openyxl outside FME

Badge

You should use the same python version you've installed the library to.

I think the python interpreter in FME is different from the one you use for the openyxl outside FME

In the scripting part i am using Esri ArcGis Desktop(Python 2.7)

and for the translation i am using FME Python 2.7

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

In the scripting part i am using Esri ArcGis Desktop(Python 2.7)

and for the translation i am using FME Python 2.7

On which version did you install the openpyxl? Does it work apart from FME?

Badge

On which version did you install the openpyxl? Does it work apart from FME?

@stalknecht 2017 FME Version. Its working inside the python shutdown script independent of the workbench operation.

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

@stalknecht 2017 FME Version. Its working inside the python shutdown script independent of the workbench operation.

Sorry, maybe I'm confused. Was it working in earlier version and you try it now in a newer version. If yes try to use the same interpreter.

Badge

Sorry, maybe I'm confused. Was it working in earlier version and you try it now in a newer version. If yes try to use the same interpreter.

I tried it for the first time in FME 2017 using the interpreters mentioned above in pics and it isn't working. I changed the interpreters also but still the issue is prevailing.

Badge

@stalknecht I am not sure how to use this link Installing python packages to FME Desktop

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

@stalknecht I am not sure how to use this link Installing python packages to FME Desktop

Here is a link on how to install and use PIP: https://www.liquidweb.com/kb/install-pip-windows/

Here is alink how to install the openpyxl:

https://openpyxl.readthedocs.io/en/stable/