Question

JP2 reader

• 8 August 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

Has something changed within the JP2 reader between FME2014 SP4, and FME2017? I'm using a simple workbench to convert from JP2 to Geotiff, which worked fine in 2014. I'm getting a message in 2017 that I do not get in 2014, "JPEG2000 reader: Mercator projection should not define both StdParallel1 and ScaleatNatOrigin. Using StdParallel1 and ignoring ScaleatNatOrigin." The resulting geotiff does not seem to retain the coordinate system.

2 replies

Badge
Once the geotiff is written, this is the error I'm getting in Photoshop/Geographic Imager:

"The coordinate system in this reference file is not valid. Failed parsing wkt string <LOCAL_CS["NonEarth_Meter",UNIT["metre,1,AUTHORITY["epsg","9001"]]]> with error <GeoCalc Exception Cannot Import Coordinate System from file/stream: Failed parsing WKT/PRJ String.>."

I do not get this error in PS/Geographic Imager when converting the file using FME2014.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
What coordinate systems do you have set for the source or destination? For what it's worth I see no other reports of this error message appearing in FME, so it's not a known issue, and it's more than likely a setup issue I think.