Question

Small world Readers

• 10 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I'm working on Smallworld for the first time. I observed that understanding of Small world readers are not like other readers. It has a unique feature of adding readers based on status i.e. existing, abandoned, etc but reads all the data when we add existing or abandoned reader. I do not understand this logic. Why Smallworld reader is reading all the data every time when we placed only existing/abandoned reader...?

In my case pole_exi table has 1lakh records and pole_aba have 9 records as well as there is another reader with name pole which has 25k feature.

1. Why it has so many readers when it is reading all 125009 features every time

2. Is there any settings we have to change or it is not in our control

3. Even if we pass "10" in "max features to read", surprisingly, it reads all 125009 and pass 10 features out :) by which it is even more wasting the time while testing.

Can we any one help me... Thank you in advance

8 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

have you tried using Feature Types to read parameter just to read pole_exi and pole_aba?

Badge +2

Hi,

Yes, I placed only pole_exi and executed the workbench and it read all the 125009 features.

Badge +1

Hi,

Yes, I placed only pole_exi and executed the workbench and it read all the 125009 features.

If you set this parameter I think it will go faster

Badge +2

Hi @zzupljanin,

No change... it is reading all the features

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Hi @pratap,

Which FME Smallworld reader are you using?

If you are using the Spatialbiz plugin for Smallworld using predicates (a where clause) is an option to have SmallWorld filter out part of the table.

If you are using the plugin, you can send an email to Support@Spatialbiz.com and I can provide the documentation, helping you solving the issue.

Badge +2

Hi @pratap,

Which FME Smallworld reader are you using?

If you are using the Spatialbiz plugin for Smallworld using predicates (a where clause) is an option to have SmallWorld filter out part of the table.

If you are using the plugin, you can send an email to Support@Spatialbiz.com and I can provide the documentation, helping you solving the issue.

@erik_jan

I 'm using GE Smallworld Reader, Whether spatial biz plugin also read all the features number of times? If no, then can I get trail version to check

Pratap

Badge

Hi, Can you show the reader parameters?

Badge

Hi, Can you show the reader parameters?

I did not remember exactly but one of the parameter we need to pass value as fmenofactory