Solved

Dissolve polygons into neighbouring polygons.

• 3 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I want to dissolve all polygons that are under 1.5m2 into neighbouring polygons. I have managed to merge the 1.5m2 polygons that only intersect one other polygon. But with regards the rest, I want them to dissolve into the largest polygon it intersects. For example, if a 1.5m2 polygon intersects a 100m2, 200m2 and 300m2 polygon I want it to always chooose the 300m2.

Thanks very much for any help.

Kind regards

B

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 3 April 2020, 11:45

View original

4 replies

Badge +12

Hi @bjudes

Working from home and don't have access to FME right now, but I'm thinking a SpatialRelator (to find the intersecting polygons), followed by a Sorter (by area) and a Sampler (to pick the first, i.e. the largest polygon) and then Dissolve?

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

I'd use a spatialrelator to find the largest area that the small area was touching and then create a group_id which can be used as a group by option in the dissolver

dissolve_to_biggest.fmw

Badge +3

Hi @jonas_nelson @ebygomm

Thanks so much for this advice, I went with @ebygomm suggestion and it worked perfectly. I appreciate both your input.

Thanks

B

Badge +2

Hi @bjudes

Working from home and don't have access to FME right now, but I'm thinking a SpatialRelator (to find the intersecting polygons), followed by a Sorter (by area) and a Sampler (to pick the first, i.e. the largest polygon) and then Dissolve?

@jonas_nelson If you're working at home and want to use FME, apply for a home license: https://www.safe.com/free-fme-licenses/covid-19/

Include you company name and add "Unable to access my work license form home"