Question

Using ArcGis geocoder to anonymize lat/long of crime data

• 9 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge

I need to anonymize lat/long of crime data that I am publishing to my city's open data portal.

My colleague created a ArcGIS geocoder that takes all the addresses in our municipality, rounds to the 100 block, and then creates points in the middle of the block. All my attempts using FME geocoder have failed. I'm using the REST URL and specifying the address fields but I don't get any output from the Geocoder. Prior to using the Geocoder, I had the Vertex Creator set up to handle X/Y points, reprojecting to the apporpriate format, etc. The only issue was that it was showing exact addresses. Looking for examples of using the Geocoder and/or insights into further transforming lat/long after it's extracted.

5 replies

Badge +16

Hi, if the endpoint for your geocode service is public please share it and I may be able to supply the parameters you need.

Badge

thanks @bruceharold. The link is: https://maps.cityofevanston.org/arcgis/rest/services/Geocoders/BlockAnonymizerGeocoder/GeocodeServer

Badge +16

Hi, the simplest way is to supply a singleLine value like in the attached.evanston.fmw

You can make a singleLine value by concatenating the address fields.

Badge +16

Hi, the simplest way is to supply a singleLine value like in the attached.evanston.fmw

You can make a singleLine value by concatenating the address fields.

One more thing, how was this locator created, by moving all points to block centroids? Thanks.

Badge
One more thing, how was this locator created, by moving all points to block centroids? Thanks.

Yes, it was moving all points to block centroids. Thanks for the example work space. So it worked in outputting an anonymized address but for some reason I cannot get the lat/long outputs.