Solved

Is it possible to Filter attributes in feature information window?

• 25 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

Is it possible to set the attributes in the Feature information window so that the colors in the color will be displayed in the same color as igds_color without using the workbench?

(Fme Viewer set fme_color like igds_color when input dataset)

Is it possible to make a filter on attributes in the Feature information window so that we see only certain attributes in feature information windows?

icon

Best answer by lenaatsafe 25 September 2017, 21:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @maremare,

The attribute igds_color is a Attribute from format, and you can work ( filter, setter ) this attribute if you enable this attribute.

In your Reader - Feature Type - Format Attributes:

Please enable this attribute igds_color.

Now, you can filter the values from igds_color:

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @maremare,

To filter the igds_color in FME Data Inspector, you can use the option Filter Attributes:

And write your criteria:

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

I do not believe the igds_color can be used to automatically set the color in the Data Inspector. But, what you can do, is manually set the color. You would use the method @danilo_inovacao mentioned , filtering the features by igds_color. Once the igds_color features are separated out, you would set the pen override or area override in the Inspector Parameters to the color of your choosing.

Sorry, this is not the automated solution you were looking for. It will take some time to setup if you have many features/colors.

Badge

Hi @maremare

Are you trying to open/display an existing dgn-file with Data Inspector? If this is the case, you should see DGN colors in Data Inspector. However, as a matter of fact, Data Inspector will use fme_color attribute (which is RGB representation of igds_color) rather than igds_color (which is a dgn-file color table color index).

Regarding the selected attributes in Feature Information: you can not hide some of the format attributes displayed in Feature Information window, however, if you would like to get an easy access to just a few attributes, you can chose to display them in Table View. Please try Parameters... > Schema Attributes > Additional Attributes to Expose > select attributes you are interested in when adding the DGN (or any other) Reader.

Badge

Thanks to everyone for the answers. They are very useful.

I use the specified color filtering filters, but I thought there were some tools where I could configure it to automatically recognize the feature information window because I use data only for a quick review so I have already learned it at the FME Data Viewer where it shows color from the format.

Thanks again for all the answers. You are the best.