Question

Give dynamic writer same name as input shape

• 19 December 2014
  • 2 replies

As I have to run the same script for many shapefiles I wonder if there is a way/transformer to name the newly generated output shapefiles (dynamic) automatically the same way as the input shapefiles.

I am new to FME and appreciate an answer which I can follow easily..

Thanks a lot!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi,

Firstly make sure that the fme_feature_type format attribute is exposed in the reader(s)

Then in the writer's feature type properties, click on the button right of the Schema definition setting.

A new window opens (Configure Dynamic Schema Parameters) which allows to remove attributes and other things.

To create an uitput with the same name as the input, select the exposed fme_feature_type in the From Attribute (Feature Type Name section)

Hope this helps.

Itay

Hi Itay

Thank you for the respond! I get what to do now, however I dont know exactly what you mean with the first step (make sure that the fme_feature_type format attribute is exposed in the reader(s) ) and how to do this.

The name of the file is nowhere in my attribute table and when selecting the from attribute in the feature type name section, only names which are in my attribute table are selectable..