Solved

FME, read features AutoCAD object enabler

• 16 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am currently facing an issues in which I cannot access objects within a AutoCAD file.

The AutoCAD file contains 3D objects from Civil 3D that can be seen in AutoCAD with the object enabler plug-in from Autodesk. However, I cannot seem to be able to find the geometry or the features while reading the .dwg file using FME. My hypothesis is that FME does not recognize the content since it basically is unknown for a standard set up of AutoCAD. However, once the object enabler plug-in is installed, the content can be read in AutoCAD.

Anyone else had similar issues and could point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Adam

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 16 December 2019, 18:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @adamka,

I'm sorry, FME does not currently make use of object enablers for AutoCAD. However, FME does have a dedicated Civil-3D reader which may be useful for you.

Hi @daveatsafe, I have a dwg file, and I want to convert it to IfcGeographicElement, I don't know which transformer should I use. Can you help me?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @daveatsafe, I have a dwg file, and I want to convert it to IfcGeographicElement, I don't know which transformer should I use. Can you help me?

Hi @leilahalal1992,

You will need a few transformers to make the DWG features suitable for IFC:

The most important are the GeometryPropertySetters, which are used to set the Geometry Name 'Annotation' on linear features, and 'Body' on surface/solid features. The ArcStroker and GeometryCoercer are to ensure that any polygons, arcs and ellipses are converted to lines for the IFC output.

I am attaching the workspace stub for you.

dwgtoifcgeographic.fmw