Solved

Batch georeferencing tiff files

• 24 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I have scanned historic maps in tiff format. None of these images are georeferenced. I have the corresponding bounding boxes for all these files in shapefile. The names of both the raster sheets and the bounding box tiles match. Is there any way I can match the shapefile index with the raster and then georeference the raster tile from this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 24 October 2017, 13:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

You can use a BoundsExtractor to get the min and max bounding box coordinates from the shapefile, a FeatureMerger to merge this information on to the TIFF files and then a RasterGeoreferencer set to Extents mode to add the min and max coordinates as a georeference.

Badge +3

You can use a BoundsExtractor to get the min and max bounding box coordinates from the shapefile, a FeatureMerger to merge this information on to the TIFF files and then a RasterGeoreferencer set to Extents mode to add the min and max coordinates as a georeference.

Thanks very much, that worked a treat!! You are good.

Badge

This is gold! I've been searching high and low for how to accomplish this, and I think I finally have a chance at success- still working out the details though.