Question

FME truncate fails

• 16 November 2012
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Is there a known issue concerning FME (in my case 2011SP4 and 2012SP3 aswell) about not being able to truncate Oracle base, stating:

Truncating table `EESTITOPO.HYB_VOOLUVEED_75T_J'...

Failed to truncate table `EESTITOPO.HYB_VOOLUVEED_75T_J'. Table may not exist

However, when truncate is defined in the "SQL To Execute Before Translation" under advanced writer properties, then truncate operation succeeds. 

Thank you,

Raivo Alla

Estonian Land Board

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Raivo 

I don't see any open issues about truncating and I just tried it myself using the Oracle Spatial writer. It seemed to work for me when I set the destination feature type  format parameter "Truncate Existing Table" to yes.

I can make a support case for this if you don't mind sending us your workspace and log. You'll see an email from support shortly.

Thanks

Ken
Badge +14
Another thing to possibly look at would be the rights of the user in Oracle. 
Badge

Hello, 

thank you both for answers...

Things are quite weird still, as even if im lucky to truncate table now (still using ), still at some point translation gets slow - as fas as I can see, it gets increasingly slow just before writing to Oracle database at Clipper transormer... Or infact it could be writing to Oracle itself that is the bottleneck, cause process is not consuming much memory . 

The weird part is that when I'm running that translation with workbench, I have no problems. But as I use fme.exe from batch file, i get those problems. 

Is it possible that  saving a workspace sometimes with FME 2011 and then again with FME 2012 may cause that horror?

Raivo

Badge

Hi!

Problem seems to be solved for now. I deleted and added Oracle writer again (under FME 2011SP4) and this time it seems to work fine, at least FME successfully managed to write to Oracle this time.

I tried this before, but as I have FME 2013 beta,2012 SP3 and 2011SP4 installations, Im not sure whether I redefined writer (without solving the issue) in 2011, 2012 or 2013 last time.

Raivo