Question

Convert multi-part polygon to single-part to load in PostGIS

• 15 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge

Dear All,

I have an issue while using Dissolver and Aggregator I get multiarea of 5 polygons, which look merged in the Inspector. But when writing to PostGIS, aggregated geometry is split again into separate polygons. PostGIS is accepting only polygons as geometry. I know that if the PostGIS accepts only single polygon, but writer attempts to load a collection, then a collection will be split. The question is if there's a way to aggregate multiple polygons into one without collection. Single polygon needed only to set the extent of the layer, so envelope like feature will do as well.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You can use the Deaggregator to split aggregate polygons. However, according to the docs PostGIS should support aggregates so I'm really curious about those polygons. Any chance you can post a sample here?

Badge +3

You can use the Deaggregator to split aggregate polygons. However, according to the docs PostGIS should support aggregates so I'm really curious about those polygons. Any chance you can post a sample here?

It might has to do with the geometry settings in PostGIS. There is a seperate geometry type for multipolygon. Maybe the issue lies in there.