Question

FME Server: Automation Changing PATH after running fails consecutive runs

Badge

We have a series of workspaces that use a File/Directory Reader, do some magic, then Move the files to a new directory.

Stored UNC example: "\\\\projectdir\\My Folder Is Here"

The job runs fine in Workbench and when executed manually in FME Server -as the path retains the double quotee bounding. The problem we are finding is how Automations are interpreting the parameter Source Folder and File Pathnames Folder (PATH for simplicity).

When the workspace is first added to the Automation, it initially interprets the PATH (UNC) as:

''''\\\\projectdir\\My Folder Is Here''''

4x single quotes{PATH}4x single quotes

This fails.

I override this parameter in the Automation to use bounding double quotes ("\\\\projectdir\\My Folder Is Here") and it runs without issue. However; after this success, the Automation changes the the PATH to:

'''' \\\\projectdir\\My Folder is Here ''''

4x single quotes and a space{PATH}space and 4x single quotes

We cannot modify the PATH to drop the spaces. I am stumped on how to resolve this in an automation other than pulling the jobs out of an Automation and using the standard Scheduler - but why is it changing how the path is interpreted when I can force the double quote and have it run successfully once?

UPDATE 1: We updated the Published Parameters to not store double quotes and this appeared to resolve it as we were able to progress to downstream workspaces 2x; however the issue has returned and we are seeing bounding 2x single quotes and 1x double quote: ''"{PATH}"''.

UPDATE 2: This works if I never refresh or leave the Automation page. As soon as I do, the PATH storage structure changes.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!