Solved

Current date in PDF

• 16 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi there!

I'm using MapnikRasterizer, PDFStyler and PDFPageFormatter for creating PDF documents.

There is some static text content in my PDFs like Title, Subtitle, Copyright etc.

This static text content is created by Creators and the text is defined as Geometry Type:Text and set as Text String.

All works fine.

Now, I want to print the current date (today) into the PDF using DateTimeStamper and DateTimeConverter.

I formated the date attribute using PDFStyler and connected it to the PDFPageFormatter, but the date (frame) is missing in the resulting PDF.

Any idea how to print the current date into a PDF?

For example by replacing the Text String of the Creation instance dynamically by the current date?

Or any other way?

Best regards

Oliver
icon

Best answer by oliver 17 April 2020, 12:19

View original

4 replies

Badge +10

Are you able to share your workflow?

The original Workbench is complex and contains some closed data.

I'll strip it down to the basics and come back.

Oliver

I've got the solution!

The magic is, to insert a TextPropertySetter.

At first view, it does nothing, because the relevant text properties are defined in PDFStyler, but obviously something happens in the background.

I love FME ; )

timestampinpdf.zip

Badge +10

I've got the solution!

The magic is, to insert a TextPropertySetter.

At first view, it does nothing, because the relevant text properties are defined in PDFStyler, but obviously something happens in the background.

I love FME ; )

timestampinpdf.zip

Glad you sorted it, i would have created the dynamic text like this, and sent that to the pdfstyler