5Street C

B

6Street C

B

7Street A

C

8Street A

C

I would like to create points that are located midway between points that share the same street name and region. In this case, I would like to create a center point between Point 1 & 2, another one between Point 3 & 4, another one between Point 5 & 6, another one between Point 7 & 8. There are always exactly two points sharing the same street name and region, never more or less. What transformers could help me? Thx.

5 replies

Badge +4

@katt

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I feel like you could run your points into a LineBuilder, grouping by Street Name and Region. Then, run the line output into a Snipper set to percentage mode with the start and end locations set to 50. This should find the mid point of the lines.

Userlevel 4

The easiest is probably to create the lines 1-2, 3-4, etc. using the LineBuilder (group by Street Name + Region) and then use the CenterPointReplacer to get the mid-point on each line.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

I would try a LineBuilder grouping by Street Name followed by a snipper with Snipping Mode Distance (Percentage) and Starting Location 50 and Ending Location 50 to get a point at the centre of the line

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

@katt

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I feel like you could run your points into a LineBuilder, grouping by Street Name and Region. Then, run the line output into a Snipper set to percentage mode with the start and end locations set to 50. This should find the mid point of the lines.

Snap!

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Another option would be using the Aggregator transformer (group by street and region), followed by a CenterPointReplacer.