Question

ArcGIS Online writer overwiting polygons

• 30 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone

So I've come across a weird issue. When ever I try to overwrite polygons on ArcGIS online using the ArcGIS Online Writer with the truncate option set to Yes I get a weird error saying something like

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: Could not connect to server. Check that you are connected to the internet and that no firewall is blocking outbound connections. The error was 'HTTPSConnectionPool(host='services1.arcgis.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url:

(HERE IS MY PRIVATE LINK TO THE FEATURE SERVICE AND TOKEN INFORMATION SO I TOOK THAT PART OUT)

(Caused by ProtocolError('Connection aborted.', error(10053, 'An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine')))'

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Points go in fine. Polygons go in fine the first time (Where the Feature Layer and the Feature Service don't exists....it creates them and sends in the data perfectly). But as soon as I have existing polygonal information in there it crashes with that error message. I've already tried to reduce the number of features...from the default 1000, to 500 to 100 to even 20...no luck.

1 reply

Badge +14

I've run into this as well and am thinking it's an ArcGIS Online load issue or something with connections. I suggest you try to reauthenticate your web connection to ArcGIS Online.