Question

Print format errors after plotter change

• 20 February 2014
  • 3 replies

We recently switched from HP plotters to EPSON plotters, and have had multiple issues with these over the last couple of months. Strangely, our floating licenses are able to print to these plotters without issue, our single use license user is having some problems. When he prints to these new Epson plotters, his print format have numerous errors. 

Some bubbles are larger, some smaller, some colors are off, some pieces are missing. The text appears to be untouched, but any bubble surrounding the text is skewwed, missing, or someplace else on the page. 

It is almost as if his license has a special driver or print filter that is doing this.

Suggestions?

3 replies

Badge +2
Can you confirm that if the user of the fixed license switches to the floating license temporarily that he prints fine?

Printer issues can stem from the way a printer is configured on the machine and also due to the OS or registry settings. It may not be due to the license type.

I'd also recommend comparing the settings within the File->Page Setup dilog as well as the File->Print>Properties button.

Userlevel 4
Hi,

I agree with Kathy, I find it unlikely that the FME license type should influence the printer settings. This sounds more like a driver issue, so perhaps a re-install of the printer driver is in order.

David
The errors in question are not those of simple page setup mismatch. It seems more like a driver error. You could discribe the plot output as "corrupted". 

The driver he is using is the same as the rest of us, although we do not encounter the same problem.