Solved

Assign bounding extents to Reader (Search envelope)?

• 21 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hallo!

I'm curious if and how it is possible to assigne max/min extents which come from the "BoundsExtractor" to the search envelope of multiple data readers.

The first step of the workbench is to make a buffer around an area. This buffer is extended to the max min boundaries with the "BoundingBoxReplacer. This generated square is used to clip different input sources on the area inside the bounding box.

Because it's quite an amount of data, i'd like to preselect the region with an search envelope so that not all data has to be loaded to be clipped.

Is it possible inside one workbench to generat the min/max extents and hand it over to the search envelope of other readers?

I've tried to assigne the values as private parameter, but this seems to late for the reading process of the input sources.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

icon

Best answer by jdh 21 February 2017, 17:31

View original

4 replies

Badge +22

You can use a featureReader with a spatialFilter, or you can set up a parent/child workspace, with the child workspace having the envelope parameters published, and the parent workspace having a workspaceRunner

Badge

Hi jdh,

Thanks for the answer. Could you tell me how to set up the FeatureReader? I've never used that so far?

So i have the results after the "BoundsExtractor" and for example the *.DWG file that should be only read inside the Bounding box created befor the Extractor.

I guess i have to read the DWG inside the FeatureReader and put the Bounds on the Initiator port?

The question is how do i set the Spatial filter? After the BoundsExtractor i have only Xmax/min and Ymax/min?

Thanks for helping!

Mark

Badge +22

Hi jdh,

Thanks for the answer. Could you tell me how to set up the FeatureReader? I've never used that so far?

So i have the results after the "BoundsExtractor" and for example the *.DWG file that should be only read inside the Bounding box created befor the Extractor.

I guess i have to read the DWG inside the FeatureReader and put the Bounds on the Initiator port?

The question is how do i set the Spatial filter? After the BoundsExtractor i have only Xmax/min and Ymax/min?

Thanks for helping!

Mark

For the feature reader, you don't need a bounds extractor. The spatial extents are determined by the geometry of the trigger feature. In the Constraints section of the FeatureReader dialogue box there's a parameter called SpatialFilter, which defaults to <No Spatial Filter>. Change that to Envelope Intersects to have the equivalent of specifying the search envelope on a reader. Alternatively, if you want to read in even less data, you can use the original feature before the bounding box replacer and use a spatial filter of Intersects.

Badge +22
For the feature reader, you don't need a bounds extractor. The spatial extents are determined by the geometry of the trigger feature. In the Constraints section of the FeatureReader dialogue box there's a parameter called SpatialFilter, which defaults to <No Spatial Filter>. Change that to Envelope Intersects to have the equivalent of specifying the search envelope on a reader. Alternatively, if you want to read in even less data, you can use the original feature before the bounding box replacer and use a spatial filter of Intersects.

PS. The trigger feature(s) should be in the same coordinates as the file(s) to be read in when using the Spatial Filter.