Question

FME Server, engines using cached python dependencies

Badge

I have uploaded my python dependencies (various .py modules) to FME Resources as is described here. Resources are uploaded and updated using the rest api.

My FMW's can then see the resources and use them. When I update or replace an existing module however the engines continue to use an older version of the module. Rebooting FME server resolves the problem but is obviously not a great solution.

Any suggestions on how to get the engines to see the newly uploaded resources? Clear cached versions of python code? Ideally this would take place when the resources are updated.

Thanks

Kevin

FME Server Version: 2017.1 Build 17539 - Win64

2 replies

Badge

Just found this article:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/59647/why-is-my-workspace-on-fme-server-using-the-wrong.html

Seems to confirm my suspicion that FME Server Engines cache the python code. Can anyone confirm this.

Badge

It’s not that the engines cache python modules but that an engine process is started to run more than one job before being recycled. There are configuration variables letting you force the engine to restart after each job. Or instead of rebooting you FME Server, you can go to the licensing page, set the number of engines to 0, wait for them to all shutdown and reset the number to the original value.