Question

Feature reader still read old data

• 13 February 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

I am 2 feature reader in My WS , to read a PostGIS DB , we update the data in post GIS but when we inspect the featured reader it still sees the old data.

we did a test in a new workspace and its working fine.

is there any setting we need to handle

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 4

First try restarting FME to make sure the issue isn't connected to pending transactions or something similar.

Then check the connection settings in the FeatureReader, it could be that they're pointing to a database instance containing the old data.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Could you please clarify: in a single workspace you read data from PostGIS, update it, write it back and then read it again?

Possibly the database hasn't finished writing yet when you're reading it again. As far as FME is concerned as soon as it hands a feature to the database it's done with it and moves on to the next task.

Badge +3

@david_r

Hello David

I did restart FME and delete all features reader and create a new one but still, the read the old data

I checked with the database, and the data is really updated

why feature reader has not seen the new update in this workspace and he can see it in another workspace, No idea??

Userlevel 4

@david_r

Hello David

I did restart FME and delete all features reader and create a new one but still, the read the old data

I checked with the database, and the data is really updated

why feature reader has not seen the new update in this workspace and he can see it in another workspace, No idea??

I would be very surprised if this was an issue with the FeatureReader. Something else is going on...