Question

Setting pitch, heading of line from attributes

• 14 August 2013
  • 3 replies

I have some points with pitch and heading attributes which I am trying to turn into lines streching from the origin of the point to a specified distance. I have used sector generator to define a line using the heading, the offsetter and rotator to define a line running perpendicular to the oringinal line from the origin.

I have extracted start/end coordinates of the perpendicular lines which I had hoped to use in the 3Drotator as a custom axis to angle the pitch of the original lines.

This is throwing up a warning:

3> 3DPitch_3DRotator: Unable to convert @Affine parameter A value `' to a floating point value

3> Unable to convert @Affine parameter %0 value `%1' to a floating point value

I am using custom rotator transformers to run the rotations around a different axis for each feature. This works fine for the initial rotator but when I add the second custom transformer it throws up:

'PROCESS_GROUP_BY' statement doesn't have 2 tokens

Does this mean I cannot run 2 parrellal process in the same workspace? I am using the same attriibute to parrallel process by?

If anyone can help me out or has a simpler solution to my initial task I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Eoin

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Eoin

I tried this with these settings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8x41affsyy6s4w1/Settings.png

And it seemed to work.

Yes you should be able to use parallel processing  but I'm not clear why you need to in this case.  You should be able to set the axis settings to attribute values from the features.

Is it possible to make your workspace available?

I managed to get the parrallel processing to work, it just seemed to be some strange behavoiur. Its has reoccured again but after resetting the custom transformer settings it works again.

I solved the floating point issue using the attribute classifier which I discoverd using formt eh quesiton below mine "Checking for float values"

I still haven't completed what im trying to do but think I just need to spend more time on it. I would be very interested to hear if anyone has a simple soloution to the problem.

The basic requirement is the using a file which gives position, heading, pitch and roll (as angles) to direct a line from the point (position) in that heading and pitch.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Eoin,

It might help you could paste in a snippet of the file so we can see the structure the data.  Here is my stab at it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3g6istd3a30o1x/sample.zip

Ken