Question

Tif file without coordinate system. not displaying at correct location.

• 2 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello

Not very familiar with raster. I have a Vector Polygon and two Tiff files, basically the Polygon has clipped these 2 tiff files from other application. Now when I try Inspect the data through fme both vector and raster are miles apart. The 2 tif file sits exactly on the same location and its coordinate system is unknown. I think the problem is with Tif file as it is not Georeferenced at the correct location. There are other support files in the same folder as tif which fme is not able to read(warning)

I have tried lot of things (including manually assigning the coordinate system) but every time the two rasters are exactly at the same location and far from Polygon. As my knowledge with raster is very limited, can anyone help me load the tiff at correct location.

Thanks

Zubair

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @zubairsm,

Pic is not clear but I understood that the images coordinates are starting at 0... Which means the raster is not having either tfw or geo-referenced.

So, if you know the lower left coordinates then use Offsetter and move the raster to required coordinates

Pratap

Badge +1

Hi,

The tif files is showing at correct location when viewed in Hexagon's Erdas opollo web application but not when I load into FME. Is the supporting file snapshot provided in OP is of any help?