Question

Featuremerger question

• 10 March 2014
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have a question about how the feature merger works. As a background to what I'm doing, my workbench that takes a DGN file and converts some levels to shapefiles. During the processing I seperate the metadata features, and extract some of the text (approved date, drawing title, etc.), which is aggregated down to one feature for the document.

I'm trying to join this information back to the model features using a feature merger, so each feature has the date, etc. as an attribute. I have 29000 line features going into the requestor port, and 1 no geometry feature going into the supplier port. the FME log records messages like this:

Performing low-level intersection at phase #3... 100% done

Hit data-shattering case as 4423 new nodes were created after phase 3, compared to 35 nodes created after phase 1.

Completed intersection processing, phase #1. 35 new nodes were generated among 37 intermediate lines

These messages continue for about 30 minutes with ever increasing numbers before FME just stops with no error given.

The feature merger is set to attributes only, so I'm not sure what its intersecting?

Other DGN files pass through the same workbench without issue, and none raise the same log file messages. The only differences between them is the size, the one causing the error is ~6mb and the others are only ~ 3mb.

Thanks,

Andy

1 reply

Badge +3
Does this part of the log stem from the featuremerger?

Set to attributes only it will only, as it says, merge the suplied data.

I assume u have some merge field for the lines, some (temp) ID?

Do u have aggregates wich have several differing ID"s in the requestor set?

Maybe if u post your bench, it could become more clear what is going on.

Or post the full log via chatter or so? (if it aint too huge that is...)

Featuremerger is pretty much a straight forward principle.

The number of features does'nt seem a problem to me, i do these things with over 100K items.

Takes just 1-3 mins.

Greets,

Gio