Question

FME Desktop not recognizing installed StatTransfer license

Badge

Why isn't FME able to find and recognize the installed StatTransfer license I have? I need to use the RDATA reader and cannot get FME to see the installed StatTransfer software I have.

6 replies

Badge +10

Hi @jus10hollis,

Sorry to hear you are encountering this problem. What version of StatTransfer do you have (currently the supported versions are 10, 11, or 12)

Also do you have a full license for StatTransfer? A trial StatTransfer license will not work.

Do you have a log file or any error message you can share?
Badge

We have StatTransfer version 14, which includes versions 10 through 14 according to the license. We've got FME on an enterprise server and FME Desktop is still not reading the license info.

Badge

Hi @jus10hollis,

Sorry to hear you are encountering this problem. What version of StatTransfer do you have (currently the supported versions are 10, 11, or 12)

Also do you have a full license for StatTransfer? A trial StatTransfer license will not work.

Do you have a log file or any error message you can share?
Steve D (support@circlesys.zendesk.com) asked that I put you two in touch (Safe & StatTransfer support) if I still had problems after verifying that we had a valid full license for StatTransfer (which we do).

Badge +10
Steve D (support@circlesys.zendesk.com) asked that I put you two in touch (Safe & StatTransfer support) if I still had problems after verifying that we had a valid full license for StatTransfer (which we do).

Thanks @jus10hollis, would you please submit a case to track this issue? You can file a case here: https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/

Badge

Solved this issue by installing StatTransfer 12. Now I have a new issue; an error reading my R file (.rda) with the RDATA reader. Error message reads: 'The signature of the input file is not recognized.' What does that mean? How do I fix it?

Badge +10

HI @jus10hollis,

I'm pleased to let you know that a recent update to FME 2018.1 beta now recognizes Stat/Transfer version 14 to access the RDATA format.

You can find the latest FME 2018.1 beta download here.

-Andrea