Question

Turn off ArcFM auto updaters when writing to SDE tables

• 13 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge

Is there a way (or a script) that can turn off AUs when writing to SDE tables? I have tried the solutions from the below question and they didnt work for me:

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/95896/how-to-turn-off-arcfm-auto-updaters-using-pythonca.html

I am looking to do this because I get an error when writing to the table from FME server but I dont get an error when running from FME Desktop. I am just trying to try any solution I can at this point.

Thanks.

6 replies

Badge +6

Which error do you get in FME Server?

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

What Version of FME are you using.

I have encountered that, even if the 64 bit background processes are installed, ArcFM requires 32 bit FME.

If you are using 64 bit FME all ArcFM processes will fail, because the ArcFM license checker is 32 bit.

Hope this helps.

Badge

Which error do you get in FME Server?

This is the error: Error while updating feature in the table/feature class 'WATER.wFireHydrant'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147467259'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

Badge

I am using FME Desktop 2019.1 32 bit

Do still need to turn off the auto updater when writing to SDE in FME desktop? can you help to share your FME workbench screenshot also? thank you

@srayford​ I'm trying to write (insert/update/delete) in a version ArcFM sde but im getting an error, not able to write. May I ask your set up in writing to arcFM sde, pls? do i need PythonWin to get the arcfm license upon writing? THank you, any help will be greatly appreaciated.