Question

Measures in Rubbersheeter get lost from FME 2018 onwards

• 13 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +11

For a customer, I am upgrading a FME 2015 Workflow to FME 2019. At some point, an FFS file with measures is written. In a later stage, it is read with a FeatureReader. It still contains the Measures, 0 for the starting point, 100 for the ending point. After passing through the Rubbersheeter, they are lost.

The customer still has older versions available. It still works in the 2016 and 2017 versions. From FME 2018.1 (I do not have the 2018.0 version) onwards, the rubbersheeter does not output the measures. However, it is not possible to upgrade the transformer. It still has the same name. In the 2019.0 version, you can upgrade (adding the group by possibility), but the measures behaviour is still the same.

Anyone else having this problem?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jelle,

I created a problem report for the missing measures, and will notify you as soon as it is fixed.

To work around this limitation, please add a MeasureExtractor before the RubberSheeter to extract the whole line measures to a list, then a MeasureSetter transformer after the RubberSheeter to restore the whole line measures from that list.